The complex, ambitious, and innovative future software systems developed by successful technology companies require a particular kind of leader, possessing both in-depth technical knowledge and excellent leadership abilities. Some traditional master’s programs train software developers, and others train classical managers, but they often fail to deliver the digital-technology-savvy leaders that leading-edge companies need for such positions such Product Manager, Chief Information Officer, Chief Security Officer, Chief Technology Officer, and others requiring competence on both sides.
Early bird Admission: Secure a spot and get a special tuition fee until 15th of Jan, 2024!
You are welcome to join our next webinar on November 23rd, at 17h (CET), so you can explore the opportunity to study with us. Do not miss the opportunity to secure a spot and get a special tuition fee offer until 15th of Jan, 2024!
To prepare students for the role of technology leaders in research and industry, the CSSEL master’s program provides a strong software engineering training covering both development and management, as well as core technical courses in three areas that lie at the heart of modern IT systems:
- Software engineering
- Artificial intelligence
- Leadership skills modules
Courses are taught by experts in the field, including permanent Constructor faculty and guest lecturers from various companies. The program mode is hybrid, allowing students to participate in lectures on-site, online, and in a hybrid way, as they are broadcasted and recorded simultaneously. Among others, a substantial advantage of hybrid pedagogy is it allows the students to start the program before their visa process is completed.
By completing the master’s program, students acquire the core expertise of digital leaders, with a strong technological backbone, and essential management and leadership skills, making them ready for active leadership in the digital technology field. Constructor Institute’s multi-country setup prepares them to play a key role in today’s global and multiethnic societies. While many students join the industry in high-profile roles, the CSSEL program is also an excellent preparation for Ph.D. research in software engineering, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence and other advanced topics.
The Master of Science in Computer Science, Software Engineering and Leadership at Constructor Institute Schaffhausen addresses this urgent need.
The research-oriented master’s program includes a wide range of courses and projects covering a broad spectrum of quantum technologies, computer science and software engineering topics as well as essential management and leadership skills.
The course teaches students how to effectively design reliable systems that meet the needs of producers and customers, developing solutions to agreed-upon problems with industry partners and laboratories that act as clients. Working closely with instructors and assistants, students are mentored and work in a modern environment supported by open-source IDEs and engineering tools.
- Adopts an entrepreneurial mindset and a can-do mentality that encompasses familiarity with industrial-scale applications, business, and people.
- Delivers deep interdisciplinary technical expertise that is the cornerstone of technology leaders.
- Provides strong connections and proximity to major target industries.
- Offers high-tech, high-touch study environments and scholarships to provide academic opportunities for talented people worldwide.
- Applying knowledge with the Capstone project
The Master in Computer Science, Software Engineering and Leadership allows you to graduate with the skills needed to drive innovation in industry, academia, or through your own startup. Through interdisciplinary learning and the development of strong skills in various functional areas, the knowledge gained throughout the master’s program will not only guide you to the career of your choice but will allow you to stand out as an exceptional candidate.
With scientifically up-to-date course content, the skills and knowledge required by the industry needs of today and tomorrow are expertly met. CSSEL students profit from unique opportunities such as employment through our network, research project participation, and opportunities to access the EU and Swiss job markets.
- Chief Architect (CA): A crucial and active horizontal role to drive the technology delivery roadmap across the organization.
- Chief Product Officer (CPO): A strategic leader, visionary, and team supervisor of new-generation product management in which quantum, computer science, business, and innovation are combined.
- Chief Program Officer (CPO): A new leader who focuses on program value flow and delivery, stakeholder communication, cadence and planning, cross-team collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Chief Development Officer (CDO): A strategic leader who shapes an enabling engineering environment – people, structure, agile processes, and tools.
- Chief Security Officer (CSO): A transformational leader who takes a "bodyguard" approach rather than a "gate-keeper" one.
At Constructor Institute, we believe that to prepare the next generation of leaders in science, students must learn not only from renowned scientists but also from business leaders. Traditional technical education does not fully prepare students for a technical career. Our network of industry partners has experienced this first-hand. That is why we provide access points to several large software and IT organizations headquartered in Schaffhausen, allowing a one-of-a-kind relationship with industries.